Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Story Behind My Topic

I chose my topic because I have always been interested in art, and I like learning about the Renaissance. I believe that once someone creates a work of art and it is seen by others, it greatly affects them. In the world of art, even though a lot of art is based on historical events, a majority of the actual artwork is just self-expression; there is no rhyme or rhythm to it. I chose the following seven artists because I was looking through all the artists from the Renaissance time period and these seven artists had the most interesting artwork/ history. To me art is a way to show how I think or feel, when I cannot say it. It portrays how my mind works, what I want, and it is a way for me to achieve something that is impossible.
My family often traveled from the time when I was seven to thirteen. We never stayed in one place more than one year, sometimes even less. We were a small family of four people. My parents and my sister, and I made up our small little group.  Whenever I fought with my sister, I was alone because my parents were always at work.  I would get angry, and I did not really have people I could talk to because we could not verbally communicate due to our language barriers. Since I could not talk like everyone else, I drew instead. I have been drawing since I was about four years old, and it has helped me get through some hard times.

2 comments:

  1. Enxhi,
    Great choice of topic.I like how you actually love art instead of just picking the topic because it was out there. Your story about why you enjoy art is really inspiring. It is true that it can be a great get away for most people. I think everyone has something like that.
    From,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great topic for you to cover. You love art and in my opinion, you are really good. I agree with Nina when she said that everyone has something to do to get away from people because I, as you know, turn to horses. The research you have done so far is very interesting and I like the pictures too. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete