Friday, November 19, 2010

Reflection on Findings

During my research I learned a great deal about the Italian renaissance artists. One of the most important facts I learned was that Leonardo da Vinci revolutionized painting and turned it from 2-D to 3-D.  I also learned that Caravaggio created dramatic art that is what we always use. Brunelleschi changed architecture and opened new doors by taking away the limitations that were stabilized during the time.  The information that surprised me the most about this was the time when I found out that Michelangelo and Leonardo were alive at the same time; I had guessed this before, but my mind wavered a lot. I do not really have anymore questions; I just want to learn more about my topic. I am really passionate about my topic, I really enjoyed learning about it, and I hope I can learn more about it in the future.  The reality is that art is a way of self-expression, it will always change, and there will always be new famous artists.

1 comment:

  1. Your topic is interesting especially with all the forign names. Art should be talked about more because im sure that it all ties back to some ideas from renaissance artist. One question that I have is what are some famous artist that are well known now because, I'm not much of an 'art' person.

    ReplyDelete